Friday, May 24, 2013

The Sight of Boxes Makes Me Tired

     The time has come, and cannot be put off anymore, to pack.  Of course, the reason I am writing this is because I am already tired of packing, and I have only filled a few boxes.  I don't have much to pack, but that only means I get to the worst part of packing sooner. That would be the part where you have all this little STUFF lying around, needing to be put in a box.  Things like pencils, tape, papers, headbands, water bottles and a handful of other random things.  Looking at all of it makes me tired. Being tired makes me sit on my bed and blog.  You're welcome.




     I have a hard time getting rid of books.  Preparing to travel for the summer, I can't help but think that maybe NOW I will want to read this one book I've had around in my bookcase and not touched all year.  Really, though, I might! This leads me to the idea of having a bookshelf in the van. How great would that be?  A bookshelf and christmas lights, and some pretty fabric to make it homey. This is where Scott would laugh at me like I must be kidding.  Fake wood floors really WOULD be nice, though. Wouldn't it?  Or maybe he is right and we should just get that fluid leak fixed first.  This is why we are good for each other.  These are the books I plan to take so far:




     Like I mentioned, the van has some kind of leak.  Unfortunately buying the Vanagon has not made us experts in Vanagon repair immediately, and we have to find a place to take it next week that works on diesel vans.  It will be very relieving to have it checked out and prepared for travels.

     Right now our travel count down is NINE DAYS! First stop, Big Sur.

No comments:

Post a Comment