Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Reliving the Dream

               Yes, it is easy to complain about packing (obviously, I have taken advantage of that), but there is a part of it I love, and that is looking through all of the little things that I save just for the sake of remembering.  This time I found a stack of old photos from a disposable camera.  The photos were from the last time I hit the road in a car, which was a shocking three years ago.  I had hated where I was living (sorry, Brooklyn), was broken hearted from a whirlwind relationship, and was yearning for freedom and newness.  It was me and the Martrix against the world (and campsite hosts when they found out I wasn't paying). My days consisted of driving anywhere new, bathing in rivers, drinking coffee, and doing anything I wanted that cost almost no money. It was a beautiful time. 





             Beautiful as it was, I have been also been keeping in mind the things that I will miss.  Things like not having to go outside to go to the bathroom and using a shower whenever I want.  There is also the comfort of having somewhere to go home to that I remember being something I missed. Having a home is nice and comfortable, and in many ways I will miss it.  The simplicity and mobility of living out of a car is something I miss dearly, though.  Doing it before has taught me so much about what matters, and who I am without STUFF to distract me.  I will probably get tired of some things, but I can't wait to see what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment